Monday, December 6, 2010

Change Of State



I see you in my dreams at night
And in my dreams you are an ocean
I dive into your vastness
In hopes I may unite us

But I’m swallowed, ripped apart
Eaten by a famished shark
My blood is spilled from where ‘twas stored
And so it is that I’m transformed

I’m transformed into a boat
I speed along in search of you
I ride your waves, I keep you near
But I leave behind a wake of fear

Fear that soon my time will come
A boat whose destiny is to sink
Not because of ill design
But ‘cause this ocean was never mine

So I’m transformed into a fish
A being in his true element
I swim your currents, dive your depths
Only to be caught by a fisherman’s net

So I become the wind above you
And your soft skin I so caress
But since my fate is to transform
I’m blown away by a passing storm

I’m torn away from whom I love
A love that was not meant to be
This storm drifts out in search of land
And I become a grain of sand

A grain of sand on a pearl white beach
That’s lured into you by your waves
Waves that disappear behind the sun
And so your slave I do become

I disintegrate and then convert
Your very water is the form I choose
I'm certain now I will not loose
But you flee from me and evaporate

I’m exhausted by this change of states...

This change of states has worn me down
But then the cosmos take a turn

You then become a cloud up high
I watch you plummet from the sky
You fall from heaven to the sea
And finally return to me

© José V. Guerra Awe

No comments:

Post a Comment