Monday, December 6, 2010

Come Tomorrow



I've been
Sitting in this same old chair,
Four long years
Come tomorrow.

And I've been
Waiting for the rains to come...
Flood this plain
Come tomorrow.

Clouds roll by and
Cover the sky,
Blacken the sun
And my lonely heart.

Days go by
And I'm wondering why
Raindrops aren't falling
On my rooftop.

I've been
Waiting for the wind to blow down
This cracked shell
I call a home.

Your smile...
Still feel it on my fingertips.
You're buried deep
Within my skin

Thunder rumbles
Through the valley...
Your voice still echoes
In my head.

High and dry,
But I'm not hopeless.
Eyes are closed,
But I'm not lost.

I've been
Stumbling, but I haven't fallen
Out of something
That I cling to.

Cleansing...
It travels in the distance...
Will it be here
Come tomorrow?

© José V. Guerra Awe

No comments:

Post a Comment