Monday, December 6, 2010

Day Dream


Today I found my soul in hiding...
Sitting, waiting for the sweet whisper of your eyes
To follow through the doors of my perception.
And when inside, you helped comb out the
Tangled strings of my guitar
And I watched as you
Made sweet sounds of music
To accompany the wind's acoustic melody
As it reverberated throughout my body,
Echoing through the shadows of my loneliness and
Sparking my soul to the point that I became electric.
And in the end I stood alone.
Teardrops running down my cheeks
Evaporated by the sun,
Transported by the wind,
Plummeting toward you
As you sailed past me in my dream.

As I drifted into consciousness
I saw truth written there
Upon the doors of my perception.
It read:
"Pain and Love are kin.
They are inseparable
As man and woman,
Life and death.
To embrace one
Is to embrace the other
Willingly, unconditionally
And without fear."
Such is our reality.
A sun and moon
In sweet embrace.
A Maximum eclipse...
In maximum beauty.

Life has its ways of putting you down...
Gravity sets in and you are grounded.
But down comes the rain...
And cleanses your soul,
It fills the void of your reality.
The deeper the ditch carved into you,
The more the rains of joy will have to fill
When they come thundering in.
I feel the breeze sailing past my ear
Announcing the coming of the rains.
And I can see them in the distance.
Joy-showers storming in my direction.

© José V. Guerra Awe

No comments:

Post a Comment