Monday, December 6, 2010

What?


What is this I hear,
'Bout people having fear
Of following their dreams
To a place that is unseen
By any other eye?

What is this I see?
It's just not meant to be.
A child without a father;
A man who lost a brother;
'Cause someone had to die?

What is this they say?
To me, it’s much dismay.
To make a man so grim,
Because of his dark skin.
His head should be held high!

What is this they do?
They do not have a clue,
Of whom I really am.
I'm more than a strange man.
They should give love a try.

What is this?
Why’s there so much bliss?
People are in dire need,
For their children they must feed.
Yet, mindlessly some buy!

What is this I hear,
From people I hold dear?
Smile when I am near,
Yet my presence they can't bear.
All they know to do is lie.

What is this I see?
Too much infidelity;
Men are never home,
Wives feel so alone.
Kids can’t help but cry.

What is this they say?
Again, it’s much dismay.
To hear about a man,
That beats his youngest son.
Poor boy! He wants to die.

What is this they do?
Sometimes I do it too.
I hide behind a bottle,
While emotions I should coddle.
Whom must I satisfy?

© José V. Guerra Awe

No comments:

Post a Comment