Monday, December 6, 2010

Water's Edge: Waves

Standing on the water’s edge
Time floats by so slow
Waves of wisdom, faith and apathy
Sweep life from beneath my toes

Swells of reality crash
Splashing deep within my core
A raging surf without remorse
Beating on my eastern shore

Rising tides of ardent fervor
Drowning all felicity
Surges sweep my every thought
Like the tide cleans up debris

Engulfed by resolute indifference
A lagoon within an atoll
Beaten down by surfs of unconcern
I fight this mental battle

Submerged in a sea of options
What route will I decide?
To drench myself with Truth or Trust
Or merely carried by the tide?

Standing on the water’s edge
Time drifts by so slow
Thoughts are hammered, innocence stolen,
Life is swept from beneath my toes.

© José V. Guerra Awe

No comments:

Post a Comment